On 5 March 2017 the Naked Heart Foundation and Guerlain will once again join forces to take part in the Paris Half Marathon. The run has now become a tradition for the Foundation, as the Naked Heart team has been participating in the event since 2010. Anyone who wishes to raise funds for the Naked Heart Foundation is welcome to join the team.
This year we are running to raise funds for our Summer with Purpose project. All the funds raised will help us organise integrative summer camps for children and young adults with special needs. Last year we managed to raise over €230k for the project, and were able to conduct a unique training programme for regional NGO specialists and support the organisation of summer camps. As a result, 162 families were able to send their children to a summer or autumn camp, and 119 specialists learned to use modern, evidence-based methods of work.
For many of the children and young adults who attended the camps, it was their first ever experience holidaying without parental supervision, which helped them develop independence a great deal. As for the specialists, they were able to implement new working methods not only in the camp setting, but also in their day-to-day work, and to pass on their new knowledge to colleagues, volunteers and parents.
Read more about the results of the Summer with Purpose project in 2016 here.
The results of the project were praised by experts at the University of New Mexico, who supervised the training of the specialists, and by members of the regional NGOs that took part in the project. Therefore, we decided to continue it in 2017.
ANYONE CAN HELP CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS HAVE SUMMER WITH PURPOSE:
> ALREADY REGISTERED FOR PARIS HALF MARATHON?
If you have already registered to take part in the Paris Half Marathon, you can still join our team and help us fundraise for the Summer with Purpose project. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you set up your individual fundraising page.
> WOULD LIKE TO RUN, BUT NOT YET REGISTERED?
Join our fundraising competition to win a place on our team! The winners will get an opportunity to run 21.1 km through Paris’s most picturesque streets, starting and finishing at the Chateau de Vincennes. Join the team and help us change the lives of children with special needs.
To take part in the competition you would need to:
1. Send an email to email@example.com, stating:
– Full name
– Date of birth
– Phone number
– Scanned copy of your passport
– Links to your social networking pages
– T-shirt size (S, M, L, XL)
2. By sending us this information you agree that the Naked Heart Foundation may hold and use personal information about you for fundraising purposes and may keep in touch with you. You also agree that this information may be stored in manual and electronic files and will be retained in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
3. The Foundation will give you access to your individual page on JustGiving so that you can collect donations and start fundraising. Those who raise the most money by 11:59 pm (Moscow time) on 5 February 2017 and agree to these Terms and Conditions will get a place on the team.
4. The list of selected team members will appear on the Foundation’s Facebook page on 6 February 2017.
5. If you are on the list, you will need to provide a certificate from your doctor confirming your fitness to run the Half Marathon, and make a charity donation of €200 to the Foundation by 9 February 2017.
6. Travel, accommodation, visas and other trip-related costs must be covered by the participant.
7. Each confirmed team member should aim to raise at least €1,500 by 5 March 2017.
As a member of the Naked Heart Foundation team you will receive:
– The unforgettable experience of running with the most fun team in the whole world and the chance to contribute to the Foundation’s work
– Access to the VIP zone for team members, with breakfast, coffee and sports massage
– Participant T-shirt
– Team photo with Natalia Vodianova
Join the team!
> WANT TO HELP BUT DO NOT WANT TO RUN?
You don’t have to run with us to support our team and the Summer with Purpose project. You can support any member of the team by making a donation of any amount on their personal JustGiving page. You can also share information about the run on your social networking pages and invite your friends to make a donation to the Naked Heart Foundation.
ABOUT THE SUMMER WITH PURPOSE PROJECT
Since 2011, the Naked Heart Foundation has been supporting projects to set up integrative summer camps, which can play an important role in the physical, mental and intellectual development of children and young people with special needs. In 2015, we changed the format of the camp project, under the banner “Summer with Purpose” – we added a unique training programme, developed by the Foundation in collaboration with leading experts from the University of New Mexico and aimed specifically at NGO professionals who had been selected to create developmental recreation opportunities. The results of the project, which is now up and running in the new format, were evaluated highly by experts at the University of New Mexico, who supervised the training of the specialists, and by members of the regional NGOs who took part in the project.
Please note that donations and registration fee are non-refundable.
>>> About the 2016 Paris Half Marathon…
>>> About the Summer with Purpose project…
>>> More news…